We manage assets for a worldwide clientele of family offices in a wide range of equity, fixed income, alternative, and multi-asset approaches. Our clients include large single- and multi-family offices, family foundations, and independent wealth advisers.
Our distinctive qualities as an investment manager to family offices
- Private partnership As a private partnership whose origins date back to 1928, we have a deeply ingrained appreciation of the privacy and confidentiality needs of our family-office clients.
- Client-oriented business model Our only business is investment management, with a focus on serving family offices and other institutional investors with extensive experience in investing and long time horizons.
- Consultative approach We work closely with family-office clients to gain an in-depth understanding of their investment objectives — upside participation with downside mitigation, absolute-return goals, inflation hedging, and other goals — and tailor innovative solutions, often significantly shaped by clients’ tax considerations and liquidity preferences.
- Institutional strength Our robust infrastructure and oversight processes are designed to provide consistency of service to clients.
Investment solutions for family offices
We offer an array of equity, fixed income, and multi-asset approaches, including absolute-return, long-only, and long/short strategies.
This list is for illustrative purposes only. This is not an all-inclusive list of all types of approaches that are available or all approaches that may fit the stated theme. Investing involves risk, and an investment in an approach could lose money.
Resources for family-office clients
Seminars and educational programs
We sponsor regional seminars and roundtables specifically for family-office clients, centered on such topics as alternatives, inflation hedging, and asset allocation. Other events we host are available to a broad range of clients, including family offices:
- Research, asset allocation, and risk-management forums
- Webcasts covering such topics as asset allocation, the US and global macroeconomic outlooks, and specific approaches
- Overview of our thought leadership
Meet some of our family-office professionals
Director of Family Office
Director of Family Office Relationships
Charles Ruch, CFA
Business Development Analyst
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.