In the Community
Giving Back to Our Communities
At Wellington Management, we believe it is important to actively give back to the communities that have welcomed us. The following are just some of the ways we support our communities:
- The Wellington Management Foundation gives annual grants to programs in our communities that improve the educational opportunities of economically disadvantaged youth.
- The Annual Appeal provides us with a convenient way to donate once a year to a prescreened group of worthy causes.
- The Matching Gift Program offers matching for employee donations to certain registered nonprofit organizations.
- The Volunteer Program allows each of us to spend two business days a year volunteering at nonprofit organizations.
- The In-Kind Donations Program donates certain equipment and furniture no longer used by the firm to worthy nonprofit organizations through Gifts In-Kind International.
Wellington Management is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of its global operations and to being an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate.
As part of this effort, we are implementing environmentally conscious practices in these areas:
- Energy consumption
- Green building standards
- Carbon footprint
2012 Annual Environmental Report